My birthday ended up something of a bust this year, as it so often is. Personally, I blame December. Between snowstorms and the flu and Christmas break… This year it was the end of the year push at work that did me in. My husband got me a wonderful chocolate cake, but when you’re coming home after midnight to blow our the candles, it looses something.
I decided to make up for it this weekend by making Oreo cookie cupcakes. Recipe after the break.
3 cups flour
1 Tbs baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
2 cups sugar
2 sticks butter, room temp
4 large eggs, room temp
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup eggnog
1 package Oreos
1. Put about 2/3 of the Oreos in a ziplock bag. With a rolling pin or an empty wine bottle, crush the Oreos into bite size pieces. Empty the bag into a bowl. Place the remaining 1/3 of the Oreos in the bag and crush into a fine power. Set aside.
2. Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
3. Cream the butter and the sugar. Add the vanilla. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
4. Add about 1/3 of the flour mixture, and beat until incorporated. Add about 1/2 of the eggnog. Keep alternating, mixing well after each addition.
5. Dump in the lightly crushed Oreos. Mix until just incorporated.
6. Bake at 325° for about 25-30 min.
You could use that yucky stuff from the jar. But your cupcakes will taste much better if you make your own. It’s easy. Cream two sticks of butter until they’re fluffy and white. Slowly add about two cups of powdered sugar. You’ll need too add some liquid, too. You can use about half a cup of water or milk, but Bailey’s is better.
Once the cupcakes are cool, frost them. Them dip the frosted top in the Oreo crumbs.
I’d post a picture, but my family ate them all already.